FFXI-3101 when using tethered connection

Having an issue with Ashita? Need some help setting things up? Ask for support here.
Greenfireballs

FFXI-3101 when using tethered connection

Post by Greenfireballs » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 am

Hi, I cant seem to get logged in to the private server i'm playing on when I used my tethered connection to my desktop via USB. Since I don't actually have tethering on my phone plan, I use the app PDAnet+ to tether via USB and it works fine for everything I use it for (watching twitch, downloading steam updates, general browsing, making this post, etc..) but when I try to log in to FFXI, I get to the loading bars past the "Accept" or "Decline" screen and it errors "Error Code: FFXI-3101 Transmission error with lobby server" and kicks me out. If I'm at home and using my wifi connection, there are no problems. Is there a setting or something I need to adjust that might be blocking it?

Things I know for certain:
I've used the same PC in both scenarios. Connects on wifi, gives error when connected via tether.
This is the second private server I've played on, and had this same issue using tether.(didn't play as long the first time, so it wasn't a big issue)
Both private servers used Ashita to log in, which leads me to think it's something going on between my phone tether and Ashita. I have tried using a different app to tether my connection but it still results in the same error so I feel like something in Ashita doesn't like this particular connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: FFXI-3101 when using tethered connection

Post by atom0s » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Ashita does not touch anything with the connection part of FFXI aside from the packet flow once you are in-game. The actual connection to the server is handled by the bootloader (the fake pol process). Something you can try is using the hairpin argument, although I don't think it's going to matter for this kind of problem.

To use that add the following to your connection string in the config you are loading from Ashita:

Code: Select all

--hairpin
So for example, your connection string in full should look something like:

Code: Select all

--server kupoffxi.com --hairpin --user YourLoginName --pass YourPassword
Changing the username and password as needed.
Lead Ashita Developer

Want to donate to say thanks?
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s
Greenfireballs

Re: FFXI-3101 when using tethered connection

Post by Greenfireballs » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Hi, i'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to reply to you. I looked at the mentioned config file and the hairpin command is already there. Since you said you didn't think it was going to matter, i'm going to assume i'm out of options as far as that goes. I do appreciate your reply, thank you.