Recast does not display the correct spell-/ability names

Having an issue with Ashita? Need some help setting things up? Ask for support here.
Lepetit89

Recast does not display the correct spell-/ability names

Post by Lepetit89 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:52 am

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of setting up Ashita and most things appear to be working perfectly fine.

However, I'm having issues with Recast, as it only displays a seemingly random series of two to three characters when I use spells or abilities.

I assumed that the reason for this was that I use a Japanese client, so I tried to set Ashita resources to English instead of Japanese and now it does display the English names of my spells/abilities (upon launching the game for the first time, I got an error message from Windows stating that POL is no longer working, but it launched anyway just fine. For some reason, this only happened on upon the first Launch, though, so it might not even be related).

Nonetheless, I was wondering if there is any way to get Recast to display the Japanese names of my spells/abilities or if what I described above will be my best option.

Thank you in advance for any help!

atom0s
Site Admin

Re: Recast does not display the correct spell-/ability names

Post by atom0s » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:58 pm

At the moment I cannot say for sure if the text handler will properly support Japanese characters. You could try changing recast's settings to use a different font that you are certain supports the Japanese characters correctly and see if that helps. The settings for Recast can be found in:
<Ashita Path>/addons/recast/settings/
Lead Ashita Developer

Lepetit89

Re: Recast does not display the correct spell-/ability names

Post by Lepetit89 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:59 am

I see, I'll give that a try, thank you! Though I'm currently wondering if it would be worth it seeing how I don't know how much the different language would affect the Ashitacast XML. Will need to try that as well.