Chatmod Addon

Discuss the development of Lua addons for Ashita v3 here.
Siushaga

Chatmod Addon

Post by Siushaga » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:48 am

Wondering if anyone has any knowledge about this addon called Chatmod? It appears to be an Ashita equivalent to a desirable Windower addon called battlemod.

http://supernovaffxi.wikia.com/wiki/Chatmod

This seems to work just fine on Ashita v2 where the addons were in the scripts directory, but on Ashita v3 when the addon tries to load it spits up an error.

Error while trying to load addon chatmod. Error: \addons\chatmod\chatmod.lua:7: loop or previous error loading module 'color'

It seems to be barking about the require 'color' portion of the chatmod.lua. Is that potentially something that was part of the core for Ashita v2 that isn't anymore with v3 and the full rewrite that happened? Sorry if I'm talking about things I have no idea about (cause I really dont!). Would love to see this working in v3, though! For now, I'm able to use it by using the old v2 client.
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: Chatmod Addon

Post by atom0s » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:53 pm

Ashita v2 and v3 are not compatible with each other for addons/plugins. Things must be rewritten and ported to the newer API structures and such. In order to use that addon from v2 it would have to be coded for v3 specifically.

I'm not sure why players make things like this and not post it back here or other Ashita specific places. Things like this were highly requested before.
Lead Ashita Developer

Want to donate to say thanks?
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s
Siushaga

Post by Siushaga » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:47 am

atom0s wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:53 pm
Ashita v2 and v3 are not compatible with each other for addons/plugins. Things must be rewritten and ported to the newer API structures and such. In order to use that addon from v2 it would have to be coded for v3 specifically.

I'm not sure why players make things like this and not post it back here or other Ashita specific places. Things like this were highly requested before.
Ah, okay, I was afraid of that. Too bad it wasn't shared before, I'm sure it would have been ported over more easily by the community when v3 was first introduced if it was officially an addon to be installed within the v2 client before.

Maybe someone with the coding knowledge will see this and want to take a crack at it. Unless that's frowned upon being someone else's work. If it's appropriate, could this thread be moved to "Addon Development Support" please?
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:46 pm

Others helping upgrade/transfer things to v3 is highly welcomed as I don't have the free time to do it myself any longer. So any help I can get to get more things onto Ashita v3 the better. :)
Lead Ashita Developer

shinzaku

Post by shinzaku » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:02 pm

Oooh I never knew about this. I'll take a look and see if I have the potential to help convert any of it to v3.
Siushaga

Post by Siushaga » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:43 am

shinzaku wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:02 pm
Oooh I never knew about this. I'll take a look and see if I have the potential to help convert any of it to v3.
That's awesome! Thank you for looking into, shinzaku. Definitely will be appreciated if it ends up being successful. Best of luck! :D
shinzaku

Post by shinzaku » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:56 pm

I'm in progress of converting over the data part to v3 along with my other conversion projects for stuff from Windower into Ashita. This one should go a bit faster.

The thing I am not as familiar with and will take me some time is the GUI part - I never used Ashita v2 so I am trying to translate the GUI into the new ImGUI stuff for v3.

I did run into something odd: there is a warning for timerpulse event yet the addon doesn't do anything with it that I can see.
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:06 pm

For UI related stuff, check out ItemWatch's source. I use the UI in it pretty heavily so it should be a decent example to get started with it for those unfamiliar to it.
Lead Ashita Developer

shinzaku

Post by shinzaku » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:46 pm

https://github.com/Shinzaku/FFXI-Ashita ... er/chatmod

Here ya guys go.
Currently a WIP. The GUI is non-functioning - it'll take me a bit of time to play with the imGui code and get comfortable enough to release it. All the GUI seems to be doing is allowing you to set the flag values - so you'll have to unload the addon and edit the settings.json to customize that if you want.
There is no per character settings - so for those that multibox I apologize. Maybe I can add it in.

Not as good as Battlemod; But definitely glad to have something like this on Ashita. :)
Siushaga

Post by Siushaga » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:53 pm

shinzaku wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:46 pm
https://github.com/Shinzaku/FFXI-Ashita ... er/chatmod

Here ya guys go.
Currently a WIP. The GUI is non-functioning - it'll take me a bit of time to play with the imGui code and get comfortable enough to release it. All the GUI seems to be doing is allowing you to set the flag values - so you'll have to unload the addon and edit the settings.json to customize that if you want.
There is no per character settings - so for those that multibox I apologize. Maybe I can add it in.

Not as good as Battlemod; But definitely glad to have something like this on Ashita. :)
Very nice. Downloaded it and everything loaded up like a charm. Thanks for taking a look at it, you rock!