Problems with shadows

Chat about the proxy project here. (General topics, support, requests, etc. are welcome here.)
Chambea

Problems with shadows

Post by Chambea » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi. I'm having some issues with the shadows after installing the Direct3D8 to Direct3D9 Proxy. At first it wouldn't work at all after following the instructions. Then I saw someone say that it works after putting the dll and ini files in both PO Viewer and FFXI folders. I did that and now FFXI is running in the dedicated GPU just like I wanted. Now I don't have issues with FPS. While playing the game I immediately noticed that when I move/run around all shadows (own, NPCs, trusts, other players, objects, dark places) start "blinking". I tried to adjust the MIPMAPPING and the resolutions but it does not fix the "shadow blinking" issue. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: Problems with shadows

Post by atom0s » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Open the ini file (d3d8.ini) that came with the project in an editor like Notepad. Scroll down to the bottom and you should see a section about "Shadow Z-Fighting". Change the line:

Code: Select all

enabled         = 0
to:

Code: Select all

enabled         = 1
Save and relaunch the game and it should be fixed. The other two values (dbias / ssdbias) shouldn't need to be edited, but you are free to play with them to see if it helps more if you still have issues.
Lead Ashita Developer
Chambea

Post by Chambea » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:33 pm

That sure did the trick. Thanks a lot for the help! Just so you know, I made a donation for the service. :)
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:03 pm

Chambea wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:33 pm
That sure did the trick. Thanks a lot for the help! Just so you know, I made a donation for the service. :)
No problem, and thanks for the donation. Always appreciated. :)
Lead Ashita Developer