Ashita won't launch w/ proxy

Chat about the proxy project here. (General topics, support, requests, etc. are welcome here.)
Aliquis

Ashita won't launch w/ proxy

Post by Aliquis » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:44 am

After adding the d3d8 files to the POL folder Ashita would not launch POL until I removed the files. Gave me system.exception: failed to inject ashita... error 0.

Once I remove the files Ashita works correctly again. Theres no logs of anything related being blocked within my anti-virus, windows defender or event viewer.

I have used the proxy without any issues on the same machine and same Windows 10 install. Only difference is previously was on the admin account and now a standard user account. Would this be the issue?

I generally don't use the admin account for regular use, only did before because I was still updating/etc on a fresh install of Windows. Goes without say but jic, I always run Ashita as admin.

atom0s
Site Admin

Re: Ashita won't launch w/ proxy

Post by atom0s » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:25 am

The proxy should work regardless of the account type as long as Ashita is launched as an Administrator either way. Be sure that you have all the needed runtimes for Ashita and the proxy to work properly. See here for a list of requirements:
http://ashita.atom0s.com/wiki2/doku.php ... quirements
Lead Ashita Developer

Aliquis

Re: Ashita won't launch w/ proxy

Post by Aliquis » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:49 pm

Ok I figured out the issue. I forget that awhile back when I started using the proxy I had done a system restore because of issues with something else. I was missing dx9.0c. ><